For Sale Savage small shank 1:8" 300 RUM

FrogFire7

Posting for my brother in law, but I will be the one communicating, receiving funds, and shipping parts.

Can sell as a package or part out, either way. Let's start with package...

Savage flat back long action, blind mag. This action has the flat head screw BAS instead of the hole in the back where the back of the firing pin assembly would show, or where a Allen wrench would fit. Has an EGW 20 moa base. Has a three screw timney trigger. Barrel is a 28" (we are pretty sure Criterion. If not, it would be a Shilen). Less than 100 rounds through the barrel. Has factory nut and lug. There is a precision armament brake on the end, seems pretty effective. I believe 5/8 x 24. Blind mag wood stock that has been opened up for the heavier barrel, stock is in pretty good shape. He would like $750 plus shipping for the complete rifle. One important note is that it we took the barreled action apart, so you WOULD need to make it is headspaced correctly.

Parts breakdown:

Action, scope base, trigger: $400

Stock: $50

Barrel with brake: $400

Let's start with PM's here, can gladly follow up with texts or calls. First public "I'll take ____" followed by PM will get the item. Payment by PayPal or Postal Money Order.

Thanks!
- Jonathan

Attachments

FrogFire7

No target pics. Said he thought his best groups were about 5/8". He used 220 eld-x, but I doubt that he did very much load work either!

FrogFire7

Update: this is a 1:8 twist barrel, I just verified with a cleaning rod. Figured it'd be a 10 twist but I guess not. Great barrel to sling those heavies waaay out there!

Trending threads