• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage Short action MAGNUM conversion parts

D

Deleted member 103481

Looking for pretty much all parts necessary to make my short action 12 a short action magnum.
magnum push feed bolt head (savage or PTG), front baffle, correct firing pin assembly, WSM/Saum mag box and follower

Thanks!
Joel

Thanks! What are you doing about baffle? Wasn't sure I wanted to do the dbm/new bottom metal path for weight savings on a hunting rifle but may need to go that route

They do make some factory magazines in WSM but they feed like a standard savage magazine, not that great.

With the PTG bolt face the magnum is the same dimensions as the .473 (except being .550 instead of .480 diameter). So the baffle that was on the existing bolt worked.

Being a hunting rifle you might want to go ahead and upgrade the firing pin. Mine is just a target gun, so if the firing pin sleeve gets damaged I will fix it at that point. Would suck to have to do a follow up shot and find out it got damaged at that point.