savage shooters

trapperluke

I've been a member here for a while, but just haven't posted much. I'm hoping for some advice. I just bought a savage 111 lrh in 6.5-284, I've been trying hornady 140g sst, h4831sc my best load so far is 51.5 gr seated .010 off the lands, but it was only about 1 1/4" at 200yds. i've put about 100rds though it. Is there anything I should try?

I just shot a 1.3" group with a factory Savage barrel at 300 with Berger 210's in a 300WSM. Walk it out and see if it opens up any. Your .75 MOA which is pretty good. You may not get any better results until you go to a match grade bullet. I had trouble getting SST's to work for me, but my cousin got them to work just fine shooting .5 MOA all day in his .308. The only thing you could do is maybe seat it deeper and see what happens. Try going .050, .075, and .1" deep. My Bergers were set to .005" off the lands, but the Hornady A-max had to be set .1" deep.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts