Savage rifle

Most likely you would need to open up the barrel channel. I have a #4 Douglas contour in their accufit stock and it doesn't have very much clearance but does fit. If you need more room you can snag a Boyd's stock and open it all you want.
I have done 8 semi custom savages now and all have exceeded my expectations. My most recent is a 280 AI in an accufit. On barrel break in theSD was around 11. It is being fed good quality components but once the barrel is broke in I think it will dip into the single digits.

Like @Tidus56 said, it will probably need to be opened up. You can get boyds stock with a bull barrel channel, or you can usually snag a factory accustock with a bull barrel channel of of ebay. I have to savages in mdt chassis (they'll fit basically whatever size barrel you want), one in a boyds At-one, one in an HS precision, and one in an accustock. They all shoot great.

The accustocks are really pretty good options.

Last edited:
this is my Savage Model 12 in Oryx chassis 300 WSM. IMG_20200726_161725.jpg

Hello all. Looking into a savage rifle in 280AI. I don't own and don't know much about them, but have heard they are good out of the box production shooters. Any recommendations of a model that has treated you well. I have 2 tikkas, 2 Winchester model 70s and wanted to try something new that had good out of the box results. Thx in advance, Pete
After dealing with Savage customer service years ago I can't recommend them! They kinda remind me of of a pipe wrench in a jewelry shop. Just my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.