Savage re-barrel 7mag

Maq Attaq

I have a savage 110 in 7mm mag I want to re-barrel, install new trigger and stock. This will be a hunting rig out to 600 yds and also use off the bench if I wanted to stretch out to 1000 yds. Not entering competitions and not looking to break the bank. Please fill in your choices!!

Barrel -
manufacture
length
twits

Stock -

Trigger -

I ordered a McMillan Game Warden for my 110 Flat Back. Not cheap and had to send it in to them to fit. Bell and Carlson and Boyds make stocks. I think @FEENIX just put one in a chassis if you like those.

My barrel is an X-Caliber, shoots good. I have heard mixed reviews, but mine is ok. Rough, not as fast as others get, but it shoots. Prefits are available everywhere, Hart, Preferred Barrels, X-Caliber...

I ordered a McMillan Game Warden for my 110 Flat Back. Not cheap and had to send it in to them to fit. Bell and Carlson and Boyds make stocks. I think @FEENIX just put one in a chassis if you like those.

My barrel is an X-Caliber, shoots good. I have heard mixed reviews, but mine is ok. Rough, not as fast as others get, but it shoots. Prefits are available everywhere, Hart, Preferred Barrels, X-Caliber...
Aye Sir, except it is a .257 WBTY >>> https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/my-budget-257-wbty-build.276854/#post-2256378

I have a savage 110 in 7mm mag I want to re-barrel, install new trigger and stock. This will be a hunting rig out to 600 yds and also use off the bench if I wanted to stretch out to 1000 yds. Not entering competitions and not looking to break the bank. Please fill in your choices!!

Barrel -
manufacture
length
twits

Stock -

Trigger -
Establish your reasonable budget (i.e., $400 for a prefit barrel, $400 for a chassis stock, $100 for a trigger, etc ...), so members can recommend components to suit your requirements.

Great cartridge. Savage LA aftermarket stocks are your limiting factor. It depends on your taste and budget though. I've researched them in the past but never bought one. B&C's look nice and IMO they're the closest looking and functioning to a HS Precision that I know of, without breaking the bank. Boyds and Choate are also options.

I prefer 26-30" barrels in varmint or Sendero contour. For some, these are too heavy but they fit my style for now.
Northland Shooters Supply has barrels, stocks and triggers and great to deal with. I got lucky and found a Savage pre-fit barrel on clearance there and it has been incredible. 26", 8t, Shilen, S/S Select Match, Varmint 6mmBR Norma for $309, total. I think I could load bullets backwards and it would still shoot under 1/2"! .1-.2's groups are not so uncommon anymore.

Pac-Nor, which I highly recommend, is a solid choice. I rebarreled my .300WinMag, 112BVSS with a 28", 9t, 5g S/S Select Match Sendero contour; $488.17 (out the door). It is a very consistent, precise barrel.
A short testament; I worked up a load for the 212gn ELD-X with RL26. I loaded 3 of 74.0 & 74.5gn each. Both were ragged hole groups. If fact if I had shot the same orange dot the groups would have measured sub .5". 74.5gn was a tad faster, so of course I went with that. 6 bullets. It was printing 3" at 100yds and running 3065fps, with bullets stacking up on each other. Weeks later, I tried the 225gn ELD-M, dropped the powder 1.0gn and shot a 3-shot group which printed exactly 3.25" high and measured a high .3". Those were the only 3 bullets I used for load development w/the 225's. That, to me, is a consistent and quality barrel. The first time I tried it at 1100yds it printed a 5" group with those 225gn's.

I did try a 28", 8t, 6.5-284 Norma, Lothar Walther, Savage pre-fit and it was a smooth, non-fouling, no break-in, shooting, son of a gun. Accuracy was sub .5" with 147gn ELD-M's and Retumbo. A friend was so enamored with the rifle he had to have it.

For triggers I recommend Rifle Basix and Timney. Both are excellent aftermarket triggers. To me, ones as good as the other. Sale price usually dictates a purchase.

If it were me, I'd go with a 28", 8t, 5g Pac-Nor S/S SM in 7mmRM. After installing and measuring my cartridge OAL with bullet of choice (175-180), I would probably extend the throat if need be. SAAMI chambers limit so many fine LR cartridges. Just my opinion though.