Savage needs to buy a scale or fire attorneys

Not sure where the 11lb figure is coming from. According to the Savage website the Impulse rifles range from 8.4-8.8 pounds. What is strange is that Savage lists all 3 versions at 3.63kg, which is 8lb on the nose. Still a fairly heavy rifle, but not unmanageable.

I give them credit for developing the rifle. Interested to look one over and unless there is something really not to like can see buying one

Sounds like somebody needs to workout / exercise so they can carry a couple extra pounds. The only lite weight rifles that I own are 22 lr's.
Alright Texas
Come pack that heavy rifle around at 8000 feet in the northwest.
I'll routinely climb 1500' of vertical and cover up to 8 miles a day chasing elk.
9lbs scoped is the heaviest I'll go

I'm seeing it weighing between 8-9 lbs from gun magazine reviews.

I can't see what savage website lists it because my iPhone won't let me go to the site due to viruses LOL maybe they should hire a software guy

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright Texas
Come pack that heavy rifle around at 8000 feet in the northwest.
I'll routinely climb 1500' of vertical and cover up to 8 miles a day chasing elk.
9lbs scoped is the heaviest I'll go

Ha Ha, I'll pass.
I'm not a mountain goat. The last elk I shot was in Northeast N.M. in a rancher's pasture. There were probably 60 elk out there migrating through. I walked 75-100 yards from my truck, picked out a good one to shoot, and rode on a tractor to retrieve it.

I've done the mountain hunt's in my younger years, but not anymore.

Ha Ha, I'll pass.
I'm not a mountain goat. The last elk I shot was in Northeast N.M. in a rancher's pasture. There were probably 60 elk out there migrating through. I walked 75-100 yards from my truck, picked out a good one to shoot, and rode on a tractor to retrieve it.

I've done the mountain hunt's in my younger years, but not anymore.
Sounds like you're a heck of a lot smarter than me😅

Not sure where the 11lb figure is coming from. According to the Savage website the Impulse rifles range from 8.4-8.8 pounds. What is strange is that Savage lists all 3 versions at 3.63kg, which is 8lb on the nose. Still a fairly heavy rifle, but not unmanageable.
I would wager that the 11lbs came from shipping weight.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.