Savage needs to buy a scale or fire attorneys

Kaptoe

I am a long time savage fan and currently own 6 savage rifles. They are an innovative company so of course was not surprised to see them launch a line of straight pull rifles

All excitement ended when I saw the 22" barreled straight pull rifle weighing in at 11lbs. This follows the launch of the new Renegauge shotgun, that seems to have an innovative action, also weighs in over 10 lbs. I think randy wakeman referred to it as the worst shotgun he had reviewed in recent memory

Just don't see how such a strong engineering company can be so far out of step with competitive products or user preference. If it's the attorneys demanding that degree of robustness in an action driving the weight they need to retain new counsel

Anyone else feel similarly about these two new products? Ideally savage is processing the his feedback

I am a long time savage fan and currently own 6 savage rifles. They are an innovative company so of course was not surprised to see them launch a line of straight pull rifles

All excitement ended when I saw the 22" barreled straight pull rifle weighing in at 11lbs. This follows the launch of the new Renegauge shotgun, that seems to have an innovative action, also weighs in over 10 lbs. I think randy wakeman referred to it as the worst shotgun he had reviewed in recent memory

Just don't see how such a strong engineering company can be so far out of step with competitive products or user preference. If it's the attorneys demanding that degree of robustness in an action driving the weight they need to retain new counsel

Anyone else feel similarly about these two new products? Ideally savage is processing the his feedback
Nope, neither one of them are ugly regardless of what Randy Wakeman says. I do not know who he is and his opinion does NOT influence my personal choice.

Last edited:
Man, what a load of drivel. But, my opinion amounts to what you paid for it.
However, if you don't like the weight, but do like the engineering, buy one, modify it until its weight suits you and shoot the crap out of it.
Lotsa folk on this board already do that.

Got the email as a savage email subscriber and was very interested in the impulse. Clicked the link and the weight was listed at 11lbs on their website. Sounds like they might have fixed an error which is good news. 8lb range puts it into "very interested" again.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.