Savage models

I have wondered about all this for years, never owned a Savage but did think about it more than once.
What about the Axis action, where does it fall into all this?

Thanks for all that have shared their knowledge on this

I have wondered about all this for years, never owned a Savage but did think about it more than once.

They are a bottom bolt release and kind of in their own category

I had to go back and look at the archives on Savage Shooters. I had it wrong!

Savage 10/110 were more tatical or LE models.
Savage 11/111 were hunting rifles with sporter contours.

Hope that helps, but I can't help you with the DBM with the side release.

The axis is a cheaper budget gun. I boughtt one for the kids in 6.5 creed. Its light and small. I end up taking it over and have whacked a lot of critters with it. Replacement barrels are available as well. I was supposed to see .280AI in axis. If you ever get buy one get the xp 2 because it comes with accutrigger.

I bought another creedmoor in stainless with accutigger. Both shoot average 1moa.

Boyds makes laminated stocks.

I had to go back and look at the archives on Savage Shooters. I had it wrong!

Savage 10/110 were more tatical or LE models.
Savage 11/111 were hunting rifles with sporter contours.

Hope that helps, but I can't help you with the DBM with the side release.
All 10/110's are not tactical. The 110 is the model that came out in 1958. The 10/110 was around long before the 11/111's. I have a 110 that I bought new in 1988 and the 110 was the bass model. The only other one at that time and were rare then was the 114 higher grade (walnut stocks, gloss bluing of better quality), and the 116 that were the stainless steel.

All 10/110's are not tactical. The 110 is the model that came out in 1958. The 10/110 was around long before the 11/111's. I have a 110 that I bought new in 1988 and the 110 was the bass model. The only other one at that time and were rare then was the 114 higher grade (walnut stocks, gloss bluing of better quality), and the 116 that were the stainless steel.
Yes. They actually call the "tacticool versions: 110T or 110Tactical.

They have heavier barrel, accustock, detach mag, and often threaded barrel. My 6.5 creed 110tac has 5r barrel and shoots phenomenal for a factory gun.

Yes. They actually call the "tacticool versions: 110T or 110Tactical.

They have heavier barrel, accustock, detach mag, and often threaded barrel. My 6.5 creed 110tac has 5r barrel and shoots phenomenal for a factory gun.
I think we are saying the same basic thing. Yes some 10/110 are tactical, but they all are not. As the first ones from 1958 were just 110, soon followed by 110E, 110PE, ect. there is a long list of the variations.

FYSA ...

Savage new model designation.JPG

I think we are saying the same basic thing. Yes some 10/110 are tactical, but they all are not. As the first ones from 1958 were just 110, soon followed by 110E, 110PE, ect. there is a long list of the variations.
Savage has confused people for years with model numbers, small action screw spacing, staggerfeed, centerfeed, and barrel shank size. When I posted my list, I was basing it off the models of the last 15-20 years not going back to the beginning of the 110. I think that's why they've simply gone back to the 110, just to make it more confusing.

Not to derail or take over the thread but one more question about the Axis.
Does it take a regular small shank barrel like the other Savage actions or is it a little different?
Thanks for all the great info in this thread

First I would just like to thank all of you for all the information given. I would like to build a couple rifles, and because of other threads on Savages. I am thinking they are the way to go. Easy to swap barrels on, and changing bolt heads. I just didn't know what the differences were between the models. Thanks again.

That's true...for a DIY guy.

Savage rifles are like the Jeeps of the automotive world!

20200211_181858.jpg

Not very many Savage parts left on this one...my new bolt sleeve shipped today, so the "OEM" parts list is getting even smaller!

Highly recommend the Basix trigger! I have it set at 14oz...the above donor had the original style on it, not even an Accutrigger...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.