Savage Model 16 Weather Warrior Series

Swatman05

I recently purchased a used Savage Model 16 in 308 with a 22" barrel. Does anyone know if there aftermarket stocks and barrels available for this specific model? I would love to hear if anyone has dealt with this gun!!

Criterion, shilen, mcgown, ER Shaw. Small shank.

Lots of stock options, Hogue, B&C, choate. etc.

Measure the screw spacing and it is 4.27 or 4.4. I am pretty sure it is 4.4 center feed. You can check on Savages website, enter the serial number, and it gives you parts and descriptions.

I have built several rifles off the 10, 110, 116 action. All good.

What barrel maker would you recommend? I hunt in forests, but I also hunt on praries. Any suggestions on barrel length?

If you are sticking with the 308 Midway sells 26" varmint contours for 330.00 in SS. I guess length is really dependent on the distance at which you choose to shoot. The added length is really just for velocity. Go short barrel and fast powder for shorter range shooting, go long and slow for LR. For me, all my rifles are 26" plus. Even my 204s are converted to 26".

I think all those barrels are good. Very few negative feedback out there. I have Shaw, McGowen, and Shilen on rifles at home right now. Buddy is getting a Shilen ratchet grove soon. I have a Schnieder with ratchet and it is really a sweet barrel.

BrentM, if you dont mind, I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of your rifles. 405-361-0986.

Ryan Moeller. ((Cell number up top)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts