Savage Model 112 MagnumModel 112 Magnum

Praire Dog

Hi guys.

I'm thinking of getting my first 338 LM rifle. Somenthing not extremely expensive. What do you think about the Savage Model 112 Magnum? Could I be sure that it will shoot under 1 MOA? If someone has this rifle in this caliber I would like to know about your experineces with it.

Mine is extremely accurate.
The single shot is more beneficial to me than a magazine. I'm not mag length restricted.

I have one and love it. I do not find the lack of magazine to be a hinderence. The single shot target action is cock stiff. Very nice trigger. I went with farrell rings & base. I have issues with bipod bounce but thats an issue with the Indian not the arrow. Prone off a bag its definitely under 1 MOA with my under 1000yds 'plinking' load of 225 SSTs over a max charge of RE25. I plan to shoot this barrel out and go with another 338 LM or maybe a 30-338 LM.

Hi guys.

I'm thinking of getting my first 338 LM rifle. Somenthing not extremely expensive. What do you think about the Savage Model 112 Magnum? Could I be sure that it will shoot under 1 MOA? If someone has this rifle in this caliber I would like to know about your experineces with it.
I have one great gun very accurate just a bit heavy.

I have the single shot. Just pushed my limits for the first time the other weekend. 4 out of 5 hits at a mile on 18" target (took me three sighters) didn't have Chrono, etc... on hand. Once I was on it did what it's supposed to. Only 32 rounds down the barrel so far. My second favorite besides my 260.

Hi guys.

I own a couple of savages and they are definitely very accurate, only gun out of the box that accurate might be the tikka t3 which is a sako

534708C0-2EF0-4D4F-9DF6-FCF17F37E94A.jpeg
15 shots 100 yards
285 eld h1000
112 magnum target 338 lapua.
2750fps ES 8
SD 6
That was shot over the course of a 6 hour range trip. 2-3 shots per hour.

Bought one never shot it as it was. But if you need a barrel I have one. I will say this the trigger is nice. Mine breaks right @ about 1.5 pounds and feels good doing it.

I have two Savages, one is OK, the other let us discuss something pleasant.... The worst part is after market parts are a challenge to find in some cases

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts