Savage model 10 tactical FP

7stw

I just purchased a Savage model10 Tactical, and I think it is a FP model. It is a pre-accutrigger model with the basic synthetic stock. It looks to be in very clean condition, very little handling wear, and the bore looks imaculate. I know that theres are a lot of savage shooters here and am excited about that alone, because I have read and learned so much on this website about some of the experieces that some of the other shooters have had. I bought it as a fun gun to shoot in the off season, that does'nt burn up a lot off powder or barrels, and to keep ME sharp as well. I beleive it has a 1in 9 twist, which means I can use the heavier bullets. How heavy can I go? Load info, and any tips? I have been a remy man for the most of my life and the Savage will be a new Experience for me, but I have heard so many good things, that the decision was easy. I have read and learned about the ease of barrel swaping with savage rifles, although I know that I am limited in this rifle due to the bolt face. But it does give me ideas on other calibers that share the same bolt face. Thanks in advance for any thoughts! lightbulb Aim Small, Miss Small, gun)7STW

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.