Savage magazine feed problem

rmartin6821

I just purchased a Savage 93-17 with the bull barrel. I am very impressed with the accuracy, but not so impressed with the Savage magazine. At least once per magazine, I am getting a cartridge that does not feed into the chamber correctly and results in me having to take the magazine out. I am making sure the magazine is fully inserted. Any tips or help woud be greatly appreciated. I have ordered another magazine in case it is a faulty magazine.

I have not tried modifications the magazines yet per the post Dr. Vette suggested as I had already ordered a couple of spare magazines and wanted to see if they also had the feed problems. The new magazines also had feed problems so apparently it is a design flaw of the magazine. The new magazines were also manufactured by Savage. I don't know if another company manufactures magazines for these guns or not, but it might be worth a try to find one.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.