Savage mag box in McMillan issue

megastink

I've tried two mag boxes in my McMillan stock and both boxes won't allow the action to fit. The action sit on top of the mag box in the rear. Both magazines are sitting flush on the bottom of the mag well. When I sit the action into the stock without the mag box installed, it fits perfectly. I've attached a photo of the action sitting in the stock without the mag box installed, then two photos of the action sitting on the mag box. I could use some help figuring this out. Thank you!

Attachments

• 264577AA-9789-44E3-A70D-6BA074CF9C4F.jpeg
    264577AA-9789-44E3-A70D-6BA074CF9C4F.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 121
  • D3E63C66-8BD5-4858-A33C-E26E0614C7D3.jpeg
    D3E63C66-8BD5-4858-A33C-E26E0614C7D3.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 98
  • 032AFF69-2ACA-4147-B1F5-6CDB8BFB4C11.jpeg
    032AFF69-2ACA-4147-B1F5-6CDB8BFB4C11.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 112
I've tried two mag boxes in my McMillan stock and both boxes won't allow the action to fit. The action sit on top of the mag box in the rear. Both magazines are sitting flush on the bottom of the mag well. When I sit the action into the stock without the mag box installed, it fits perfectly. I've attached a photo of the action sitting in the stock without the mag box installed, then two photos of the action sitting on the mag box. I could use some help figuring this out. Thank you!
What does McMillan say ?

that looks like the older blind mag box that your trying to install like the centerfeed box. do you have a picture of the box out of the stock and of the bottom of the action

that looks like the older blind mag box that your trying to install like the centerfeed box. do you have a picture of the box out of the stock and of the bottom of the action
I've got a new mag box and an older mag box. I'll take some photos a little later.

the older blind mag box needs to be mounted to the action and stay with it. the newer centerfeed box uses a clip that is inletted between the action and stock. your pictures the best I can tell look like the older box that your trying to mount like the newer box.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.