Savage LRH Windage Problem

BigGriz

I recently bought the Savage Long Range Hunter in 7mm Mag. I topped it with a 20 moa warne tactical base, nightforce rings and zeiss scope. I am satisfied with the gun but I have adjusted the scope as far to the left as it will go and I really need another click maybe two. Do any of you have any experience with this problem? Would you think the problem is in the base, rings or gun? Thanks

Are you having this problem at 100 yards? It could be any of the things you listed. It is rare that a Savage Long range hunter would have misaligned base screw holes but it could happen. If you really like the gun get some Burris signature zee rings, put your scope at its mechanical zero and us the Burris inserts to zero your scope. Its really just putting a bandade on the major problem. Starting with the scope I would start ruling out components by switching with others until you get to the base screw holes....

Thanks for the replies. I turned the rings around today and it gave me the adjustments I needed. Still don't know the exact problem but this fix will do for now.

Been there buddy. Shot tons of rounds trying to figure it out. Then took the base off and the holes were not close with the naked eye. Sent it in for a new reciever, got a new rifle back.

Attachments

• 0217131036.jpg
    0217131036.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 108
... If you really like the gun get some Burris signature zee rings, put your scope at its mechanical zero and us(e) the Burris inserts to zero your scope. Its really just putting a bandade on the major problem. Starting with the scope I would start ruling out components by switching with others until you get to the base screw holes....

Generally agree with that. But first step should be to rule out the mechanical possibilities listed in previous remarks. Once you're convinced that mechanical alignments are correct, pick up a set of Burris Signature Zee Rings with inserts. That's the best way I know of to make certain you're on target.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.