Savage LRH/Predator max 6.5 CM

ramrod79

Who out there owns a Savage LRH in a 6.5 CM and how does it shoot ( accuracy wise ) and what are your loads you are using. I see there are guys shooting the predator max in 6.5 CM and getting crazy accuracy. Are there really any differences between the two other than the brake and cheek peice ?

I have a predator max 1 in 260. The max 1 has the Accustock and no break. The break is not needed (IMO) in a caliber that small. I don't think the LRH has the Accustock. I thought the cheap piece looked like a good idea so I added one to my max 1. It worked out really well. I'm sure with the right load, you'll find great accuracy with either one.

I own a LRH in 6.5x284 and a Predator in 22-250. Both rifles are exceptionally accurate, the LRH in particular being one of the most accurate rifles I have owned with five shot groups in the .25MOA or better range. The differences besides the cheekpiece, and brake is that the Predator has a slightly heavier barrel, larger bolt handle. The LRH has and a floor plate with a bottom release as opposed to the Predators release being located on the receiver. I think the choice comes down to personal preference. For serious LR hunting, I like the LRH and the ballistics of the 6.5x284. For those big Alberta whitetails and mulies beyond 500 yards it has been a proven performer with the 140 Bergers.

Last edited:
Thanks I have a custom 6.5 284 for my LR hunting work ,and thought I wanted to build a 264 win mag then decided on a 6.5 CM. I was thinking why build when I can buy a super accurate factory gun ,and put good optics on it I am not into mags anymore ,and thought the CM would be a great long range target / hunting rifle I just don't do factory anymore but if accuracy is there then I will think about it lots of great reviews on the 6.5 284 but nothing really on the CM .

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all recent model LRH come with the Accustock. Mine did in 300WSM.

Also, I really like my 6.5 CM Predator...amazingly accurate for a stock rifle.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all recent model LRH come with the Accustock. Mine did in 300WSM.

Also, I really like my 6.5 CM Predator...amazingly accurate for a stock rifle.

Yes I believe the current model do have it.. Mine is an early model that has an aluminum bedding block but does not have the wedge design that tightens the lug that the Accustock on my a Predator has.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.