Savage Long Range Hunter 6.5x284

Angus

After the scope mounting problems at the store I got my 6.5x284 sighted in. It shoots really well. I am very pleased. It will out shoot me for sure. I was getting clover leaves at 100 yards. Though my Tikka .300 Win Mag will shoot with it and it was cheaper, but still really happy.

I am really impressed with mine. As I said, I decided to have the scope mounted when I bought it and they did it all wrong. Once that was corrected I am really happy. I think you would like it.

I have had a model 12 benchrest in 6.5x284 for more than a year now. I haven't shot it once yet. No time and I was gathering components.

I'm not a big fan of the muzzle brake on the lrh. I may get a Stevens 200 LA and rebarrel it myself with a Shilen select match prechambered and put a different stock on it.

I am really impressed with mine. As I said, I decided to have the scope mounted when I bought it and they did it all wrong. Once that was corrected I am really happy. I think you would like it.

I would rather let any member of this website mount my riflescopes than the guys at the gunstores. They usually don't know what they're doing, are in a hurry, and don't give a rat's rear about it. My rifles are objects of passion with me. If you don't share in that passion keep your hands off my rifle!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.