Savage long range accuracy.....NICE!

57goldtopman

So, finally set up my long range rig....

Savage 110 FCP HS 338 Lapua (all stock)
SWFA SS HD 5-20, with sunshade
SWFA rings. (low mount)
Harris Bipod
sandbag rear support
Lapua brass
Berger 300gr Elite Hunter bullets
Hodgden H1000 powder.

attached is my best load....

worked up from minimum to maximum load data from Berger.
Max load is what worked great...LOVE IT!

Attachments

• photo-11.jpg
    photo-11.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 122
Congrats! It looks good to me! I see dead animals in the future. :D

How do you like the SWFA scope? I have one on my .300 WSM and l am very pleased with it so far. I can't believe the quality/clarity of the glass.

Happy safe shooting/hunting.

Ed

I really like the scope. solid. easy to use. nice glass. I like the reticle.

I have the SWFA SS 3-15 version on another rifle, the Savage FCP HS 300 win mag.
other than a difference in power, it is really hard to tell the difference looking thru the scope. that 3-15 is a great scope, and at half the price!

Nice shooting out of that .338 Lapua. At the end of last year I bought a Savage FCP .300 WM. I like it, it is comfortable to shoot and fairly accurate with factory ammo. I have not loaded for it yet. I know if I had another super mag it would be the Savage FCP .338 Lapua. I have owned a SS HD 5-20 since they came out, bought it in the group buy over on S.H. The only thing I regret is that I did not buy 2 of them, I use mine for tac match run and gun, rough on it, never had an issue. It is very repeatable, always. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.