• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage Lightweight Hunter 243 barreled action

grouse

SOLD

78099D78-48A5-497E-9F77-62D0B71C2A6E.jpeg
8E4B456D-6921-41D7-85D5-9012205E36F4.jpeg

Cleaning out some things. These are pretty sweet actions. Same action thats on the new proof and the lightweight hunter. Has the cutouts on it and fluted bolt I picked up the action on another forum and spun on the factory 243 barrel for my nephew, but we never got him out. Barrel is 20" and super light profile. The barrel nut is a little wonky looking, but it was the only stainless nut I had at the time of assembly. Ive seen the actions sell for over 400 alone. Disclaimer, I assembled this. I am not a gunsmith. I used head space gauges for the 243 to set head space. You will want to take this to a gunsmith to verify head space.

4.4 centerfeed action. Bottom Bolt release. stainless finish.

Barreled action for sale 425 shipped to lower 48. Usually I have some spare stocks laying around, but right now I dont.

For all the questions.
How did it shoot? Havent shot it yet.
Weight? No idea, but pretty light
Why are you selling? Cleaning out the basement

Last edited:
Heckuva deal for someone! Wish it would've been here last week when I paid more than that from the local box store as build donor! I've got an identical 6.5CM barrel for any of you looking to buy this I'd let go cheap.

Recent Posts