Savage F-Class rifle

7mmSendaro

Does anyone have any experience with the new Savage rifle designed for F-class? My Dad and I are interested in getting into F-Class and this rifle looks like a pretty reasonable way to get started. I would be interested in one chambered in 6.5-284. Any experience or other suggestions?

I've only got about 200rds thru mine so far... seems to want to shoot, I just haven't had the chance to really concentrate on it. So far pushing a 139gr Scenar @ 2930fps w/ 48gr of H4350... Part of the problem for me is I have been shooting the 12 F/TR enough that I almost have to re-program myself to shoot from a regular benchrest with bags.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Monte

I just got mine. Haven't fired it yet. Mounted the scope last night and still need to finish prepping my brass. Hopefully I will get out in the next week or two. I will post back once I do.

Gary

I have now had a chance to put about 80 rounds through my Savage 12 F-Class. So far I am very happy. The results of my latest ladder test shot at 300 meters show a couple of nodes with a group size of approx. one inch (photo grid = one inch squares).
It was very easy to get use to the light Accu-Trigger. It came from the factory set at one lb. It was easy to get use to but it has been surprising difficult to go back to my other rifles with 3 to 4 lb triggers.
There is one thing that has me a little concerned. The throat is very deep. I will not be able to chase the lands. If I put a bullet into the lands it is only gripped by about .15 inches in the case neck.

LadderTestS65x284SMK142%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts