Savage BA10 .308

bpcrshooter

Ok, I dont want to start a war here....just thought I would tell my story and maybe save someone else from the headache.....

Spring of '18 (April) I bought a Savage BA10 Stealth in .308, thinking "savage has always been good" hell my father and grandfather used them and they always worked. well got it home, quick thru a scope on got some factory ammo an went to the range.....

First shot was on target but, the primer was REALLY flat an cratered, so tried another this one blew out!! so really depressed I went back to the shop I bought it from and talked with the owner. He grabbed some ammo and we went out back to try a few different ones. All were really flat and cratered except Hornady, both we tried blew out. So we boxed it up and sent it back to Savage.

8 weeks later its back with this crappy description on how they "polished the chamber" Whatever....I went to put the scope on and noticed the scope rail was crooked.... did some more looking and measuring an sure as sh@t it was (Didnt notice this the first time as I was excited to go shoot and only shot 25yrds). So back to the shop again!!! Boxed it up and sent it out again:mad:

7.5 weeks later, it shows up!!!!! Brand new rifle!!! whoo hoo!!!.........................WRONG!!!!!!! scope rail was crooked on that was well!!! for christ sake!!! didnt think in this time and age a rifle company couldn't drill 4 holes in a straight line!!!! so without even shooting it, its boxed up and sent back again!!!

Last week I get a call..........your rifle is ready to pick up, and by golly they finally got it right, rifle was fire tested at the factory. I hope it shoots well:rolleyes::rolleyes:

not knocking Savage in anyway but damm!!! There is NO and I mean NO excuse for that!! and there was no "were sorry for this"... nothing just here ya go. Crappy service, LAST Savage I will EVER buy!!!

Sorry for the rant!!
Matt

Cool, a Christmas eve rant, wait for it ................

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

:cool:;):D

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.