Savage action .338 lapua improved

snox801

So my brother has lethal rebarrel his savage long range hunter .338 lapua I to a 34" .338 lapua improved. It sits in a car chassis. So naturally I bought a savage lapua and had him cut the same chamber in a stock .338 stealth to use for fire forming and range fun.
So I've dug around and found guys running rl33 at around 3050fps but all running 30" barrels.
So he has been building load ladders and just crossed the 3000fps line with no pressure signs yet.
Running lapua brass, rl33, 300gr cutting edge lasers.
What do you guys think this will end up at safely. The lasers tend to offer less pressure than cup core and the longer barrel should help. Wondering if 3100fps is possible. He's going very slow but just wondering what you guys think he will hit as far as speed.
I know mine won't be close cause barrel is short. I think I'm going the light and fast route with 178gr sledge hammers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.