savage 7mm stw ?

No, you would have to built it or find one built. the 7mm mag and 338 win is it. Savage could work on some of there chamberings, I would also like to see a 338 RUM. They are bringing the 338LM but on a crappy stock, IMHO :D
I have heard they have a real good custom shop and the prices are good, they may be able to help.

No, you would have to built it or find one built. the 7mm mag and 338 win is it. Savage could work on some of there chamberings, I would also like to see a 338 RUM. They are bringing the 338LM but on a crappy stock, IMHO :D
I have heard they have a real good custom shop and the prices are good, they may be able to help.

I could get a 700 remingtion 338 aultramag $900.00 but then you still have to bead the stock plus triger work.

I wouldn't let bedding get in the way of getting a rifle, it is quite easy and a smith won't honk you to bad for tuning the trigger.
Or find a Savage chambered in a 300RUM, usually around 350 dollars around here, roll on a Mcgowen or Shilen pre-fit barrel for $300, sell the OEM barrel and drop it all in a good stock for maybe another 300 dollars. You'd be in it around the same as Rem but have a semi custom elk pounder!
You can find a Rem 700 sps for 550-600 dollars, jerk the stock and set it in a better stock for a few hundred. I'm probly going to set up a guy at work with this exact rig, Savages are just to ugly for him :rolleyes: Many ways to skin a cat.:D

Which barrel makers and are you happy with them?

Well I guess I only have one of them. The 284. It's actually a Remington barrel that's been re-threaded for a Savage. It shoots fine, right around an inch.

I also have a 338 Edge on the way from McGowan. Should be here before Santa.

I have a 300WSM in a Hart and Krieger.

A 8" twist 7mmWSM from Shilen.

22-250AI Adams and Bennet.

A 7mm and 308 barrels from Douglas that I haven't chambered yet.

A 6mm fluted and ported Pacnor that's been shot out on a Remington that will soon be a Savage.

The only bad barrel I've had so far is a Savage factory sporter 308 that I just couldn't get to shoot. It's about the only Savage 308 barrel that I've ever heard of that wouldn't shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.