• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage 7mm Rem Mag Barrel

ndking1126

Looking for unfired blued small shank 7mmRM 24" barrel. Prefer 1:9 or 1:9.25 twist. Open to take off or match.

I think it's the "unfired" part that you're not able to find.

I have a blued 7mm rem savage take off that I'd part with, but it's not unfired

Fair enough. Do you know how many rounds have been through it?

No, I purchased it used myself. It's a sporter profile. I've only put 20rnds through it. It was factory hornady stuff. Shot about moa blueing is worn in places. If you're interested I'll get some pictures for you

Last edited:
No, I purchased it used myself. It's a sporter profile. I've only put 20rnds through it. It was factory hornady stuff. Shot about moa blueing is worn in places. If you're interested I'll get some pictures for you
I appreciate it, but it sounds a lot like the one I already have.

I think overall you are right though about the unfired part. I would also seriously consider lower, known round count also.

I have a Shilen untapered heavy bull 28" 9 twist I could let go of. It's got about 100 rounds through it. I want to make that rifle do something else.

WBM, that's a good price on the set, thank you for posting. I've always been a little leery of the mixed reviews that Shaw tends to get. Do you have any experience with them? I've gotten to the point I put Shilen on all my bolt action rifles, I'm just a little short on cash for that right now. I also wish they sold them with a typical sporter taper, not a straight taper.

I have a Shilen untapered heavy bull 28" 9 twist I could let go of. It's got about 100 rounds through it. I want to make that rifle do something else.
Not at all the direction I wanted to go, but interesting none the less. What do you want for it? Anything shoot particularly well or badly out of it?

Definitely lighter, as I want to hunt with it. I think Savage calls what I'm looking for "magnum contour".

Thanks wbm.

Magnum Contour was a good idea It is large enough at the muzzle to thread for a brake but not that much heavier than the sporter contour.

Recent Posts