Savage .350 Legend accuracy

megastink

I know straight walls aren't known for accuracy, but they were just legalized to hunt with where I live, Southeastern PA. I have been hunting archery down here exclusively and haven't paid any attention to straight walls. But since they're not on the menu, my eyebrows are raised towards them.

I'm a big savage fan. I wouldn't mind purchasing a bolt in .350 Legend. I considered a .444 Marlin and a .450 Bushmaster, but decided against both for various reasons. Plus, 8lbs of recoil sounds like it doesn't suck.

Anyway, I'm a stickler for accuracy, but it sounds like I might have to change my expectations for this style of rifle. I'm hoping someone with some experience can show me what I can expect out to about 200 yards. What's your maximum effective range for that round?

My AR -15 350 Legend shoots under 1.5 in. at 100 yards with my reloads, low power scope and old eyes. A bolt rifle should do better. It's never fired a factory round.

I can ring the 300 yd steel everytime! 100 yd accuracy is sub-moa with my loads. I found shorter rounds to be more accurate vs longer rounds.