Savage 300WM Load?

Brydawg512

I have a new Savage 110 Hunter in 300WM and am outlining ideas for a load. I am thinking I want to run 180g Nosler Accubonds -- this should be adequate for elk, bear, and deer out to 600 yards, correct?

Any powder recommendations for the 180g Accubonds?

I am new to reloading, so will be loading this initial load to SAAMI spec, so pretty much replicating the OAL of a factory load -- eventually, I may mess with seating depth.

Thanks in advance

RL-23 is very accurate in 300 Win Mag but, runs a bit low on velocity with the 215gr and up bullets.

H1000 is my go to powder for 300 Win Mag. I get around 2,940 fps with my 190gr load and around 2,790 with the Berger 215gr Hybrids. Very accurate with good velocity.

Retumbo will get you more velocity but, it burns dirty and seems to produce a few fliers in several of my 300s.

Same rifle you mentioned here, but just going with a different bullet though, right?

Nosler has some load data available. It claims H1000 was the most accurate during their testing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.