savage .300 wsm

Pahunter

I just bought my first long range gun. It is a Savage model 12 single shot in .300 wsm. I put an a 20x50 leupold that was collecting dust on it. I was extremely impressed with the range results. Consistent 1/2 inch at 100 yards sub one-inch groups at 200 yds with FACTORY AMMO!!!
Anyone have similar results with this rifle?

Brian, What does your uncle use for his 25-06 handload? My Sako is all over the place. The 100 grain boat tails seem to like my gun, but I haven't settled on anything yet. Thanks.

Cb,

Im not sure for exact load but its 115gr smk, 4350 powder atop a federal 210 primer.
I can i find out the details next time i talk to him. I also rember this rifle being very picky and likes only one other load.

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited by: Brian Rybicky ]

i do have a 7mm wsm. i bought the savage first, then a guy offered me a good price for it so i sold it, now i only have a 7mm wsm

i do have a 7mm wsm. i bought the savage first, then a guy offered me a good price for it so i sold it, now i only have a 7mm wsm

confused.gif
confused.gif

Did you have two 7 wsm's? What's the other one? So you have a 300 wsm and a 7 wsm?

no, first i bought the .300 wsm in the savage. A guy offered me good money for it so i sold it. Then I bought the winchester 7mm wsm. My collection of rifles consists of this, A browning low wall .243, A winchester 70 7mm WSM, an H&R .17 hmr, a remington .22, a marlin .22 and a kimber .22, not bad for a person my age
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.