Savage 220 On The Range

BOWHUNTERCOP

Headed over my local range this morning with my Savage 220 shooting ACCUTIPS 3". Here is my group at 50 yards, when I crossed referenced with NIKON SPOT ON it stated 3" high at 50 yards should put me dead center at 160 yards, which I know from past experience using this ammo. Reason I re-sighted this shotgun with the same ammo, is that back in early spring i wanted to use the Remington Premier Expanders in 3", they shot and grouped as well as the Accutips but last week I ordered a case of them, next day the order was canceled due to inventory availability shortage. So being I have a case of ACCUTIPS I decided to save my $$$ and go back using the ACCUTIPS, I never experienced a problem with them on game. I know what it will print at 100 yards, I will return to do so, the range got crowded and it was hot and humid out

20190802_083614.jpg

Headed over my local range this morning with my Savage 220 shooting ACCUTIPS 3". Here is my group at 50 yards, when I crossed referenced with NIKON SPOT ON it stated 3" high at 50 yards should put me dead center at 160 yards, which I know from past experience using this ammo. Reason I re-sighted this shotgun with the same ammo, is that back in early spring i wanted to use the Remington Premier Expanders in 3", they shot and grouped as well as the Accutips but last week I ordered a case of them, next day the order was canceled due to inventory availability shortage. So being I have a case of ACCUTIPS I decided to save my $$$ and go back using the ACCUTIPS, I never experienced a problem with them on game. I know what it will print at 100 yards, I will return to do so, the range got crowded and it was hot and humid out

View attachment 143767
Nice, nothing wrong with that

My 220 with Accutips shoots the same way. I want to buy a McMillan stock for it, I think it will help tame down the 3 inchers, but does the benefits actually outweigh the cost? How do you like the Nikon? I have a Leupold Ultra Slam mounted on mine.

Those 3" slugs beat the dog stuff out of me. I always sighted mine in on the sled. Maybe I'm just a sissy? LOL. They never seem to hurt as bad when you're putting them in an 8 pointer. Haha.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.