• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 16FHSS 7mm wsm wtt

straightshooter

Just throwing this out there to see what happens. I have the above rifle new in the box, never been fired, still has all the tags and stickers on it. This rifle is the model before the accustock, has center feed mag. I am looking for an honest straight across trade in value. Looking for something in a big game caliber, 308, 30-06, 280, 300mag, etc. but open to ideas. I go through rifles quite a bit, and my wife is getting ****ed, so I figure a straight across trade that doesn't cost any money might float by her. If something comes up that interests me, we can exchange pictures.

Small or large shank? And what kind of contour does it have? I have a sporter 300 win mag barrel recrowned with a brake I may be interested in trading.

Any idea how long the magazine is? I like the 168 berger in my 7mmRM now, so would want to load for those and seat accordingly.

First, is that mag length exact or an estimate. Sorry I have been researching and Iknow it will be tight with 168 bergers, assuming they will like to be seated to KISS into lands.

Second, can you confirm the twist rate? 1:10 or 1:9.5?

I believe Camshaft has it right. I measured with calipers, inside edge to inside edge on the bottom of the mag box, and got exactly 3 inches. To have a round feed, I would think 2.89 COAL would be correct. I am at work so I will try to verify the twist when I get home.

Thanks but I think it would be highly unlikely I could get 168 bergers, seated to touch to fit in that magazine. I would have to seat it almost all the way to the ogive. The more I read about the cartridge, it's as good a factory round for LR with reasonable recoil as there is, and I shot a friends .308 in the same gun this weekend. First 4 3-shot groups were ALL under .5, including two of mine that I shot left handed. I'm right handed, so I know this model has potential, but I don't want to go to accubonds. Don't give this gun away, someone should get a screaming value if you make a trade.

I have one 16FCSS and one 16FHSS both were ordered as 7WSM. One is a 6.5WSSM right now and the other is a 6.5WSM.

You can go over 2.89" OAL, I have some 7WSM loaded very close to 3 and don't have any problems with them. ( 2.95" easy, one box of handloaded 7WSM 168 Berger VLD I have labelled 2.998". :D )

160 Accubond in 7mm out of a 7WSM really puts a hurt on whitetails ...

Last edited: