Savage 16 6.5x284

lazwarbird

Wondering if anyone has bought or shot one of these in 6.5x284. I'm on the fence about selling a 300 ultra mag to get one. Just need to know everyone's thoughts good and bad.

Wondering if anyone has bought or shot one of these in 6.5x284. I'm on the fence about selling a 300 ultra mag to get one. Just need to know everyone's thoughts good and bad.

Been there done that with the Savage 6.5x284. Bottom line is you will not be disappointed in the caliber. Great accuracy, great ballistics....what's not to like?
You will probably get more input over at www.savageshooters.com. If you are not a member, then become one. You will not regret it.

LAZ- I shoot against savages all the time with my rem/krieger. it is a lot of fun . grin.

Thanks for the info guys ill probably end up buying on in the near future. Fun thing is I was looking through my rifles and found a savage 110 I bought a pawn shop many years ago. My son now uses it but I have to say its probably the most accurate rifle I have ever been behind. Best $200 I ever spent.lol amazing what you can find in a pawn shop and a deal on a rifle they say won't shoot at all.

I have a buddy who has the LRH w/brake in 6.5x284. After about 50 rounds break in, stopped fouling much, put the scope on and shooting 1/2-.600 5 shot groups with Black Hills 142Sierra. I have 2 custom Savages, built them myself, and they are hummers. I have Krieger CBI, heavy sporter on order, to put on a .270 savage I have already accurized, just a barrel swap , 20 minutes or less and ready to roll!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.