savage 12BVSS 300wsm

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by camoman80, Nov 23, 2004.

1. camoman80

camoman80 Well-Known Member

I just bought a savage 12BVSS 300wsm, and was wondering if any won has any suggestions on loads for it. I have tried the winchester silver balistic tips and they work alright for a deer rifle but not good enough for long range varment shooting. I have also droped into a seller and bellet stock( I am still wondering if it was the right thing to do). Any sugestions are greatly appreciated on loads acurizing or anything partaning to the rifle.

2. camoman80

camoman80 Well-Known Member

To extend my previouse information i have trid reloading some but stil nothing special. So i thought I would see what eveyoneelse likes.

3. Charles A

Charles A Well-Known Member

I cant help you with powder weight, however I would defidently try the 178gr A-Max's for sure. [​IMG]

4. Centre Punch

Centre Punch Well-Known Member

CAMOMAN: I thought a load i worked for short to medium range(upto 600yds)in 300 wsm might be helpfull to you.I shoot a Win. Mod70 Stealth, and in this rifle it is wonderfully accurate and easily holds 3/4 MOA at all distances. Starting with winchester brass these are primed with Federal large rifle magnum match primers,setting off a charge of 63.5 grns of H 4350 Ext. This launches a 185 grn Lapua Scenar HPBT bullet. This load chrono's 2850fps. Although the Scenar is a match bullet, i have been reliabally informed that it is an excellent perfomer on game.expanding superbly. Well there we are, i hope this info will help you in your quest for long range varmints.

Good hunting to you all.

5. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

Camoman,
    I reload for a buddy who owns a Browning A-Bolt in .300WSM. I use Nosler's 165gr Ballistic Tip ahead of 69gr of RL22, pushed by a Rem 9.5Magnum primer, in winchester cases. This load is sub .5" in his rifle. Johnny K.

6. kmassaro

kmassaro Well-Known Member