• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 12 long range set-up

Jones2056

I am selling my 1000 yard rifle. Gun is a tack driver and is a far better shooter than I am. Only reason I am selling is because I bought a 338 Lapua Mag and I don't need two 1000 yard guns. Details of the gun are as follows:

Savage 12 .300 win mag stainless barrel
Diamond fluted bolt... Unbelievably smooth action
Stockade Mcmillan style target stock
Monopod mount
Tactical works bolt handle
Canting bipod
Countersniper 10-40x56 35 mm Weapon Mountable Optical Gunsight and Countersniper tactical rings (Scope cost over $600)

Link to Scope- Counter Sniper Optics [Online Catalog - 10/40-56 35 mm Weapon Mountable Optical Gunsights]

aftermarket trigger which breaks like glass
Really good looking camo paint job

***Gun was made a single shot after the custom target stock was properly bedded in the rifle. This should not be an issue as the gun is truly a bench rifle***

I have 37 hand-loaded rounds for this gun I will throw in and a box of 20 Sierra Match Kings.

Cost about $2400 to build

Price is $1400 obo...I am always interested in trades...Possibly looking for a revolver in 44 mag, 454 casuall, or 460...I also like AR10's, AR-15's, Saiga or Arsenal AK47's, or you never know...let me know what you have.

Attachments

• photo (25).JPG
    photo (25).JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 5
Man that's a sweet setup! I'm a huge savage fan. What is the twist rate? Also I've been wondering about those scopes. I've heard very mixed reviews on them and would like to get an opinion from somebody who has used one. Are you basically only interested in semi autos? Oh and what 338 did you buy?

Barrel Twist Rate is 1:10. The scope has worked great for me. Illumination works great with very minimal bleeding. Reticle is really noce once you figure out how to work it for ranging targets and bullet drop. Glass is clear and the side focus works very well. Adjustments track very well. I read mixed reviews as well but have had absolutely no issues with it and it is pretty comparable to my Sightron SIII 8-32x56 except the Sightron has better eye relief at high power and slightly more clarity at high power (but that could also be one is a 40 power and the other is 32).

I am interested in lots of things as far as guns go. Let me know what you have. PM me what you have.

I traded for a Savage 110 BA off another member on this forum.