Savage 12 ga Sluggun

johnstepien

AF1QipMUXtSKR8rdbYb-AJIyOBvDLoGiWDWu4H-WIHj9

Updated my Savage 12 ga. sluggun. Here is what I did..
Hated the flex in the forend of the stock. I used a dremel and cut slots through the ribs in the forend. Then I took hunting arrow cut to fit and epoxied in. Also used the epoxy to fill some of the voids in front of the action lug. Then installed a Timney trigger. Personal choice.
I epoxied an Edwards recoil reducer into the top of the rear stock. Then filled the back of the stock with an expandable foam. Pulled the action and sent to Magna port for porting of the end of the barrel. Added an over size bolt handle. The gun shoots 3 inch Accutip tight out to 200 yards.
The recoil has been considerably reduced. Very happy with it.

I have a 210 savage ( older model) it's a tack driver with my home rolled lyman 525 slugs. Recoil was brutal , I filled the butstock with silicone caulking in layers and it really helped with absorbing recoil.
love these guns.

I have a 210 savage ( older model) it's a tack driver with my home rolled lyman 525 slugs. Recoil was brutal , I filled the butstock with silicone caulking in layers and it really helped with absorbing recoil.
love these guns.

The Edwards recoil reducer I think was key. It was the biggest one they make.
It did add some weight but I am a stand hunter so not worried about that.
I do think they are the best shooting slug gun for the monwy. I have shot the Browning a-bolt slug gun and a Tar Hunt. Both at a higher price tag. Love the Savage.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.