Savage 116 replacement stock

I just did a 26 nosler on a savage old rum action flatback. Xcaliber carbon barrel 1.00"

I used the full alluminum bed hogue stock. I glass skim coated. I used a razor blade and shaved the rubber overlay thinner and have good 1/16th clearance or more.

Scope just came today so no word on accuracy yet. I have scoped repeater magnum at 8lbs.....finally
I love those stocks even though they don't get much love

I love those stocks even though they don't get much love
I bought one and really like the rubberized texture. What I was really turned off by was the aluminum bedding block. On mine the bedding block was recessed, and the rear action screw went into a small, 3 prong "tower" (for lack of a better word) that made minimal contact. Is that what yours looks like?

I bought one and really like the rubberized texture. What I was really turned off by was the aluminum bedding block. On mine the bedding block was recessed, and the rear action screw went into a small, 3 prong "tower" (for lack of a better word) that made minimal contact. Is that what yours looks like?
I've never had one for a Savage but I had a bunch in Rems, I'm also doing a Savage 116 and looking at stock options

Last edited:
Yes. This is because unlike most rifles, savages are very sensitive to rear tang pressure.

They shoot best when the tang is floating. It's probably intentional
I considered that possibility, but in the end decided Hogue probably didn't know better than everyone else. Of course I could be very wrong, but i decided to send it back. I ended up getting another B&C stock since I know they are accurate. I was really hoping it would have worked out, but oh well haha.

Mine looked weird as well. I bedded mine there at the rear mount. I did not bed it all the way back by the safety. My first group was a nice clover. So I'm hopeful to have a load soon.