• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Savage 116 CBI Match 6.5x284 Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP $1425

westcliffe01

45816164825_0db7d2e34a_h.jpg

45816164165_2bffaa286a_h.jpg

46679001092_a40828bebd_h.jpg

This started life as a Savage 116 (stainless steel) long action with a synthetic stock. I bought a CBI match 6.5x284 26" varmint contour barrel (1:8 twist) for it together with a NSS precision nut and heavy recoil lug. I got a new VLP laminate stock, since it is my favorite factory stock. The stock is set up as a single shot, but could be converted to internal box magazine.

The scope base is a steel Warne tactical 20 MOA one piece rail. The scope rings are medium steel Warne Maxima rings (214M). The scope is a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP with the MOA reticle. The scope has been to the range 1 time to sight it in, never been on a hunt. This was going to be my long range rifle for hunting in CO and I was due to relocate, but due to circumstances beyond my control that is now potentially never going to happen. So this rifle may as well serve another master....

I would prefer to sell rifle and scope together for $1425. If it does not sell, I am willing to split, $625 for the scope and $800 for the rifle. I have Lapua brass if a potential buyer is interested. Payment by postal MO, I will ship to your FFL or possibly FTF in southern Michigan. Send me a PM, I usually check a few times per day.

Thanks for your attention.

Lost my means to reload before I got through load development. Loaded 1 batch of 140gr SST so I could sight it in and verify zero and basic grouping. Without any development that shot 1Moa. Rifle has not been fired since. Divorce, moved 3x etc.. every other rifle I built has been between 1/4 and 1/2 MOA

Recent Posts