Savage 111 with factory muzzle break

scdogman

Does savage make a 111 with a factory break other than the LRH?

Saw a rifle and trying to figure out exact model.

Also anybody ever use the LRH to build with?

Thanks.

Does savage make a 111 with a factory break other than the LRH?

Saw a rifle and trying to figure out exact model.

Also anybody ever use the LRH to build with?

Thanks.

I think currently just the LRH but it could be a store specific rig like a 10T from Cabelas etc.

If you want to build off of a action, I would just buy an old junker in a pawnshop.

A brand new LRH is something I would shoot for a while at least to figure out if its a shooter. Most of them shoot real well from the factory. I have seen 3 or 4 at the range that were solid shooting rigs.

You can build a custom barrel and stock rig for what a NEW LRH runs. If you want to buy and shoot the LRH is a great platform to do it.

I saw one being sold at a price too good to be true. At that price I could take a chance and if it wasn't a shooter, I wanted to know if there were options.

Bear Hunter has it as well. I have the bear hunter and love it. That brake drops the recoil of a 300 win mag very well. I can shoot it all day long. You can do what you want to them as far as mods. I changed out the bolt handle to one more tactical which was a huge improvement. I added a padded cheek rest that better aligned my site with my NXS I put on it as well. Otherwise its all stock and shoots very well. I almost bought the LRH but decided on the Bear Hunter and have no regrets. The Bear Hunter has a stainless fluted barrel and a camo Accustock.

Bear Hunter has it as well. I have the bear hunter and love it. That brake drops the recoil of a 300 win mag very well. I can shoot it all day long. You can do what you want to them as far as mods. I changed out the bolt handle to one more tactical which was a huge improvement. I added a padded cheek rest that better aligned my site with my NXS I put on it as well. Otherwise its all stock and shoots very well. I almost bought the LRH but decided on the Bear Hunter and have no regrets. The Bear Hunter has a stainless fluted barrel and a camo Accustock.

Out of curiosity, is the brake on the bear hunter removable or is it a machined barrel? I've never had a chance to look at one.

I guess they are removable but it is a different thread than normal so you need to be careful and either make a collar or something else if you want to put a can on it. Like the LRH you can twist the brake on or off as well so if you dont want the extra noise you can just turn off the brake.

I guess they are removable but it is a different thread than normal so you need to be careful and either make a collar or something else if you want to put a can on it. Like the LRH you can twist the brake on or off as well so if you dont want the extra noise you can just turn off the brake.

Yes, they are removable, here's what I got from Savage Arms a few years ago ...

Debra Roberts (Savage Arms, Inc)
Oct 01 03:17 PM
Hi Ed,
Yes, your local gunsmith should be able to remove the muzzlebrake. It is threaded on and they need to line up the holes so they can remove the pins before it is unscrewed off the barrel
thank you,
Debbi
Ed Lara
Sep 29 03:41 PM
Can the on/off integral muzzle brake in the Savage Bear Hunter (and others) be removed by a competent gunsmith other than sending it off to you so it can be replaced by an after market muzzle brake? If so, please advise on the how. Thanks.
Cheers!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.