Savage 111 Long Range Hunter 338LM

hoverp

I am on the verge of getting a Savage 11 Long range Hunter (338 Lapua Mag) and was wondering if the magazine length will be an issue if I want to load the Berger 300 grain 338 bullet close to the lands.
Does anyone have any experience with this bullet in this rifle?

Thanks Guys.

Patrick

Montana

338 lapua, Oh yea were can you get them ? I called savage back in july and they said it would be a month or so till they released them . I check with my dealer in september an they still werent available yet . Now I see savages web site and they went up in msrp . I have not seen them at the local gun shows over the last 3 months. Have you actually seen them yet or heard of anyone shooting them? I am really curious about this one .I may need to make credit card payments [ lol ]. I heard that the guys that have the 110 ba 338's really shoot good. I , myself, wanted the 10/110 FCP HS in 338Lapua. I know the factory barrels alittle short for this cartridge, but thats what kreigers for.

Did as trade on here for LRH 111 338LM and love it! it shoots great with both 250 and 300 SMK's. I put some pics up on the results I had also note I am shooting both at suggested COAL and getting great results. The rifle is a touch front heavy but feels good, love the adjustable cheek rest, and the break makes this thing fun to shoot.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/savage-lrh-111-338-lapua-74870/index2.html

Thanks guys, just wondering if I loaded the hybrid 300 grain Bergers to just touch or be .010 off the lands of the savage would that COAL cause issues with the cartridge not having enough room in the magazine?gun)

anyone out there shooting the Berger Hybrid in the Savage 111 Longrange hunter?lightbulb

Thanks

Patrick
Montana

There has been one sitting down here at the local gun shop for a month, hunter version that is. They look a little odd with the smaller stock and the long barrel, but im sure it will shoot Great! My HS version is a shooter!!!

One of my suppliers has a couple of the LRH 111 in 338 Lapua in stock. I can do $980 + actual shipping if anyone is having trouble finding one.

The link to the ad above is a cash price, card price would be $1,010 on that site.

Thanks guys, just wondering if I loaded the hybrid 300 grain Bergers to just touch or be .010 off the lands of the savage would that COAL cause issues with the cartridge not having enough room in the magazine?gun)

anyone out there shooting the Berger Hybrid in the Savage 111 Longrange hunter?lightbulb

Thanks

Patrick
Montana

i shoot 300 bergers in my savage 338HS and have to load them .050 off the lands to get them to fit in the mag...they are very close in the mag but feed well.my buddies BA and the HS are within .001 of each other to the lands.we havent finalized a load for either gun but the bergers seem to shoot well even backed that far off.i did a little 800y shooting and came away thinking these bullets are more accurate at long range then 100-200y.how well the gun and current load performed at 800y still has me shaking my head

does anyone know if these barreled actions can drop in a better stock? Ive been thinking of one of these but the stocks are so goofy looking..the 111 338Lm that is

does anyone know if these barreled actions can drop in a better stock? Ive been thinking of one of these but the stocks are so goofy looking..the 111 338Lm that is

Well the Savage 110 HS precision 338 Lapua is in a nice stock, although its not an accustock..... same action as the other 338 lapuas from savage

BUT the main reason I like the 111 hunter 338 Lapua is that is an accustock(great bedding system) and its relatively lightweight for hunting....9.2 lbs is not bad....the 110 HS precision weighs in at 10.7

Do you fellas think there would be an potential accuracy difference between the 2 stocks, the HS precision on the 110 FCP or the Savage accustock on the 111 long range hunter??

I just read that the HS precision is full length aluminum block.

im a big fan of the hs allumn block stocks. and yes i think they are better than the accustock. i would still bed it though

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.