• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 111 7mm Mag barrel

Davebearpig

On behalf of my dad, I'd like to sell a Savage 111 7mag barrel. Asking price is $150 (negotiable). Located in Alva, Oklahoma. Pictures upon request as I am at work and have them on my personal laptop.

This was purchased through the Savage Custom Shop (back when you could buy from the gunsmiths directly). It was a special barrel at the time, but is now equivalent of what the 111 Long Range Hunter comes with.

26" heavy sporter barrel - approx. 200 or less rounds through it.

Contour: it was replaced with a Krieger #5 and the diameter is almost identical (0.7" at the muzzle)

Note: Nothing is wrong with the barrel, it was easily shooting 1/2MOA when it was replaced. He didn't think it was good enough of a group, so he replaced it with a better quality barrel.

It has been well taken care of, carefully broken in and cleaned/removed copper after every 15-20 rounds through it.

Does this have the on/off muzzle brake that the long range hunter has? Matte, blued or stainless?
Thanks.

I would assume it's a standard 1:9 twist like most other 7mags.

It was being used with 162 Amax and 168 Berger hunting VLD bullets while it was on the rifle.