• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 110L customized target rifle .243 Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodcr24

Picked this up somewhat recently, attracted by the modest price relative to what it would have cost me to build such a rifle, but I think I must have been dreaming about having enough time to dedicate to another rifle; I barely have enough time to even shoot my primary rifle enough to become sufficiently confident, so I am looking to place this Savage in a new home. Basically, looking to get out of it what I paid. Description is as follows:

Savage 110L (left-hand) action (1963 DOM) with scrolled bolt knob, fitted to a free-floated Douglas 26" bull barrel with 1:9.25" twist and target crown, mounted in a black B&C Medalist varmint target stock. A precision, CNC-machined aluminum bedding block makes contact with the full length of the rifle's action, ensuring a perfect metal-to-metal fit as well as aligning the barreled action, stiffening the forend, and eliminating the need for conventional bedding methods. Stock features a premium recoil pad, two front sling swivel studs, one rear sling swivel stud, and a textured exterior surface. 4+1 capacity. Trigger and guard are upgraded; trigger breaks at ~4-lbs. Features an EGW 0 MOA rail, and includes Weaver scope ring mounts, as well, for those that prefer traditional ring mounts. Prints sub-MOA at 250-yds with 87-grain Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets. Barrel has velcro for attaching mirage band (included). Bore is in excellent condition. Minimal wear to bluing, overall. This particular rifle weighs in at just under 11.5 lbs unloaded and without the scope, making for really modest recoil when firing even the stoutest loads.

This rifle was very well-cared for by the previous owner, and aside from firing a few rounds and cleaning it, is in the same excellent overall condition that it was when I purchased it. It has been built from the ground up as a long-range marksmanship platform. There's considerably more money invested in this rifle than it would cost to put a new one with these features together. I came up with a figure of ~$1,400 using a modern 700 action, for comparison.

Of course, you will want to see photos. Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested, and I will be happy to send some high-res photos over.

For this rifle, I'm asking $625, and that is firm. I'll gladly pay shipping to your FFL, via UPS Ground, at that price, for all of the Lower 48.

As a follow-up, I would consider trades for items that are 6.5x55-related. This can be ammo, or a rifle. I'd be particularly interested in a Tikka T3. Partial trades also considered, with balance in cash (I'd be willing to contribute cash if someone has something of particular interest and value).

Thanks for your consideration.

Best,

Chris

Following up. Had interest from several members, but no takers. As an update, I removed the tabs for securing the heat shield, so the barrel looks completely normal now. Again, please email me for photos. I figure that I'll list this on a popular auction site if there are no takers here in the next few days. I'd love to hold on to this rifle, as I think that the value far exceeds what I am asking for it, but have to be honest that I just won't spend the time with it that justifies holding on to it.

Many thanks for reviewing this post.

Best,

Chris

Sold pending funds. Thank you to all who expressed interest. This was/is a really sweet rifle, which I know the new owner will enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.