Savage 110E

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
I have a friend that has a Savage 110E in .270. He is looking at having this rifle re-barreled. With out too much modification, how big can he take this action? With original magazine, with extended mag box? He wants to hunt deer and elk out to 800yrds.

Thanks for the input,

Steve

I have a friend that has a Savage 110E in .270. He is looking at having this rifle re-barreled. With out too much modification, how big can he take this action? With original magazine, with extended mag box? He wants to hunt deer and elk out to 800yrds.

Thanks for the input,

Steve

I just built a 338Edge on a similar action.

Single shot is just a simple barrel and bolt head swap. Takes about 20 minutes with an action wrench and a nut wrench.

Making it a repeater is tougher. You'll have to open up the bottom of the action and heavy mods to the mag box.

Thanks, so an 06 variation is going to be as big as he can go with out heavy mods and still be a re-peater?

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.