Savage 110 storm 6.5-284 long or short action?

engineer40

I've emailed Savage support a couple times and haven't heard back. I love the 6.5-284 cartridge and already have 1 rifle chambered in it. I'm thinking about picking up the Savage 6.5-284 110 Storm, but I am not interested in the rifle if it is built on a short action. It's impossible to tell from Savage's website.

https://www.savagearms.com/firearms/centerfire/model-110/110-storm

Any insights? Thank you!

Being that it's a 110 it would be a long action. The 10 model would be the .308 short action.
I'm not 100 percent but that's what I've understood

Thanks. That's what I thought at first... Apparently I read that Savage has moved away from the 10/110 nomenclature and are re-branding most under the 110 model number?

I was able to find some old posts where guys are saying that Savage's use long actions for their 6.5-284 rifles. I needed to broaden my searches outside of just the specific rifle model I am looking at. Thanks!

Being that it's a 110 it would be a long action. The 10 model would be the .308 short action.
I'm not 100 percent but that's what I've understood
Fyi, all Savages are 110s in that series now, used to be 10 short and 110 long.

However to the OP I had a 111 LRH in 6.5 284 and it was long action. I'd put good money the 110 Storm is Long Action.

Fyi, all Savages are 110s in that series now, used to be 10 short and 110 long.

However to the OP I had a 111 LRH in 6.5 284 and it was long action. I'd put good money the 110 Storm is Long Action.
To add, my chamber was thoated loooong. FWIW

Thanks. That's what I thought at first... Apparently I read that Savage has moved away from the 10/110 nomenclature and are re-branding most under the 110 model number?
This is not really try for the new versions, They have 110 SHORT actions, Saw a rifle advertised as a 110 in the store, from a distance it appeared to be a SA but didn't have time to wait for a salesman to get the rifle down for me. So I called savage, and they confirmed that they are now marking SA's 110 also

Forget about emails. Even small, high quality outfits like HS Precision seem to ignore mine. Just call Savage. Their phone support is first rate.