Savage 110 question.

I just recently picked up a Savage model 10T from Cabela's. it's a 10 .308 win, but made for Cabelas with a 24" heavy bbl, an egw base, and a BA bolt. Anyway, I want to swap out the stock, but being new to the land of Savage, I'm a bit lost. I see so many subtle differences in stocks, I want to make sure I get the right one. It's a right hand bolt, detacheable center feed mag, and has the bolt release on the trigger guard.

I'm assuming this is just the latest and greatest itteration, so that being said, does anyone have any suggestions for a decent maker that would have stocks to fit? I already checked out Choate, and I can't find any with either a accentuated pistol grip, or a completely verticle skeleton grip, that would also fit my rifle. Any help would be apprecciated, and yes, I did a search and went 4 pages deep without finding the right answer.

Last edited:
Email Manners,mcmillan and stockade one of not all of them can help you out with Stockade's money saver being the cheapest.It will just take several months to get one from any of them.

Bell and Carlson also has some options. Their M40 is a good buy for the money and it should fit your action and barrel profile no problem.

IF you can find an earlier model sear and the old style bottom metal, then your action would fit any version stock made for the 4.4" action screw spacing. I personally don't like the bottom release, but it has been extremely difficult getting Savage spare parts for a few years. The metal magazine itself is identical. Swapping a sear is a 5 minute job.

Old style sear:
savagetargetactionx600.jpg

New Bottom release sear
Aussiehunter-Savage-11-FCNS-action.jpg

Bell and Carlson is probably your most readily available, and easiest option. Boyd's makes stocks to fit, but their shapes are honestly pretty unappealing. If you want to put a lot of elbow grease into fitting, bedding, and finishing, then you could look at Richard's Microfit, but they get iffy reviews on quality sometimes. Then there's always the Manner's/McMillan/XLR/McRee's tier stuff.

As you look, look for the 4.4" action length, and, as you mentioned, bottom bolt release.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.