Savage 110 LA Stock Options

I have a stock like the one pictured, it is very adjustable, but heavy and IMHO ugly. I prefer something a lot lighter and a little more svelte. Its just to busy to be pretty, too many angles and too much plastic. But it does make a good bench rifle I am using it with a Savage 111 DBM action chambered in 6.5 Creed.

Looking to replace the Accustock on my Savage 110 High Country. The grip angle and narrow cheek rest just don't feel right to me. I'd prefer a straight grip (pistol gripish) and wider cheek rest. This model has a blind, flush fit detachable magazine. Not looking for a chassis, but an adjustable stock. I'd like to stay blind mag flush fit. What you all think?
GRS Stocks maybe ?

I have a stock like the one pictured, it is very adjustable, but heavy and IMHO ugly. I prefer something a lot lighter and a little more svelte. Its just to busy to be pretty, too many angles and too much plastic. But it does make a good bench rifle I am using it with a Savage 111 DBM action chambered in 6.5 Creed.
I agree. I have an at one. Not the thump hole. I got rid of all those hideous sharp edges, got rid of the plastic handle, hogged out where the meat of your thumb goes. Then it was actually pretty good. I'm still gonna get rid of the adjustable butt, it's way too loose a wobbly, and much too heavy D9E79C89-687A-4495-800C-30694B45CDA2.jpegCD2BAA7E-DF71-49D9-A04D-4ACDC6B3B7B0.jpeg0D8449A1-8D02-4A04-8396-11E20377A8AD.jpeg01647B9F-4FD1-443A-BE11-C6E8E467EAA7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to get ahold of Stockade when I was working with my first and only Savage. Never could talk to anyone. Figured business was good and they didn't need my money so went to McMillan for a Game Warden. Glad I did. Put a stock pack on it and it is more versatile. The added weight of the adjustable isn't worth it to me. I have one and wouldn't do it again.

As I found out, Savage LA's have their issues for stock makers. One prominent name in stocks flat out won't make a stock for the LA's. Might have a look at Stockade Stocks and see if they offer something like what you want. They appear to specialize in Savage stocks.
Well here's the answer for all questions!
MDT la mag and Woox la mag, take a choice!

Attachments

• 20211109_020529.jpg
    20211109_020529.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 47
Well here's the answer for all questions!
MDT la mag and Woox la mag, take a choice!
Looking to replace the Accustock on my Savage 110 High Country. The grip angle and narrow cheek rest just don't feel right to me. I'd prefer a straight grip (pistol gripish) and wider cheek rest. This model has a blind, flush fit detachable magazine. Not looking for a chassis, but an adjustable stock. I'd like to stay blind mag flush fit. What you all think?

Both of those look like chassis to me.

Never tried to talk to Stockade, that's sad news. I went with a Boyd's that I've modified to take an Anschutz rail from Freeland and I'll make the bits to attach the bag rider or a bipod.

So did you get this one ?
McMillan offerings are a tad out of my budget at the moment.
Boyd's stocks aren't hat bad to work on. They took one back 3 yrs ago. It was the Pro Varmint stock for a LA. And if a person has any small power tool skills and and a tad bit of patients, bedding is a chip shot.
Comparing the Boyd's stock @ $230.00 to a McMillan at almost $800.00 was easy for me to justify 3 evenings of tinkering. That's a lot of components to be bought w/savings

well, hope he just got grounded. I got a warning ⚠️early this morning.
I can be handled with a hackamore now🤣

But Devcon 10110 is easy peezy to do bedding jobs with. There are many videos to get a person started. And eBay is the cheapest source. I got a one pond kit three yrs ago for I think $32.00
That's a lot of stock work

But Devcon 10110 is easy peezy to do bedding jobs with. There are many videos to get a person started. And eBay is the cheapest source. I got a one pond kit three yrs ago for I think $32.00
how big was the pond? sounds like a great deal!!

I've used this stuff, both the liquid and putty. it's good stuff to work with.