• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 110 intermediate action

mfox497

I have an early savage 110 intermediate action for sale. It's in decent condition but needs to be re blued. It has scope bases on it. Also have a 243 factory take off barrel with nut. Asking 300 shipped for the set or 250 for just the action to your ffl.

I also have an ER Shaw 20 in threaded 308 barrel. It's painted brown and has never been fired. 100 shipped. I can't post pictures cause all I have is a phone right now just got back from Afghanistan and looking for a new project. I can email pics.

Only interested in trade for Remington seven action or 700 short action. Can add money on my part.

Interested in the Shaw barrel...contour? Heavy-ish? Small/std shank or large shank?

Intermediate action length stocks are available at Boyds for less than $100.

I don't have the stock. I was going to order one from Boyds for 100 dollars.

The 308 barrel is the 20 inch tactical barrel with threaded muzzle. It's heavy. They are on midway for 139. I got it and painted it because it had some scratches on it then never mounted it other than checking to see if it would clear the stock on my other savage. I'm wanting to do a light wieght 308 set up and this barrel is way to heavy.

What's the difference between say intermediate, long, and short? I realize that they have a different center to center action screw length, but what's the overall difference? Is there a shank diameter difference that prevents say a large or small shank barrel from working with this action? Is there a difference in the scope rail mounting screw locations that would prevent a S/A or L/A rail from being used?

Sorry I just never heard of an intermediate action before. I'm looking to build another rifle and I'm interested in the action, but it seems the stock selection is limited. Thanks, Jason

It takes the standard small shank barrels. The scope mount spacing is different for one piece scope mounts but EGW has some in both flat and 20 Moa.

I really don't need this action any more and hate to have things sitting around when I could put the money into more ammo for my current rig. I will do 200 shipped to your ffl for the action alone. I think I am going to keep the barrels.