Savage 110 high country problems

Bcwn

So I put together a new LR platform using a new 110 high country I had. Thing is a tack driver but my brass is sticking really bad. I've also noticed the bolt has some play in it as well. Anyone have any advice please and thank U
Brad

So I put together a new LR platform using a new 110 high country I had. Thing is a tack driver but my brass is sticking really bad. I've also noticed the bolt has some play in it as well. Anyone have any advice please and thank U
Brad
Are you shooting factory ammo
Or handloads?

If you are not loading too hot I would imagine that your primary extraction is weak. I have had to correct several Savage primary Extraction.

This.

Only problem I've ever had with Savages is extraction. I've gotten used to running the bolt a little aggressive. Did that on a Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39 and sent the case three benches over.

I'm shooting factory ammo. Tried them all and I mean all of them stick I've got to beat my bolt back

wow, I've never had factory ammo stick unless in extreme temps.
The weak extractor is a possibility but I'd I have to see the brass and take a few measurements. Some of the Savages I've been customizing lately have been within spec but barely.
If the gun shot well and then suddenly changed you should have a gunsmith check it out.
A couple things you can do your self is try a go/no go gauge to be sure it's safe.
Paint the bolt lugs with a black or red sharpie and cycle the action a few times then remove carefully-post pics.
inspect the bolt face or take some good pics and post.
Lastly, do the fired cases show signs of pressure? If unsure post pics of primer and neck.
Noting your SF Crest. Thanks for the service and glad you guys are on our side👍🏻

I take a little off the back of the bolt body so the bolt handle sits closer to the receiver so the cam on the bolt handle engages the cam on the receiver when the bolt is raised. In my last case it was .043 that I removed.

Hi, I had a similar problem with a savage model 12 recently. There was a burr in the chamber, it needed polishing. The cases came out of the chamber with long scratches on them, so it was pretty clear.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts