Savage 110 High Country 6.5 PRC finally shooting well

Mrvmax

I bought this rifle earlier this year and it's in 6.5. PRC. When I bought it I grabbed two boxes of Hornady Precision Hunter and planned on buying brass but waited and now it's MIA.

It never shot well, factory ammo around 1.5 MOA and handloads with Barnes TTSX still about the same. After getting my powder charge down I played with OAL and finally got one it liked. I got.40 MOA yesterday with one OAL and another in a close second. Two shots almost in same hole and one not too far off from the one it really liked. I might be able to do better now that all my extra brass can be used for one load. I hate being limited on brass, it sure did drag out my load development. Now I have to get the load chronographed and take some shots at 200-300 to verify Mil Dot ballistics info is correct.

I understand completely. I have two Savage rifles & after a little work with seating depth they both print very pleasing groups. Both sub 1/2". With modern computer controlled machinery , very uniform barrels are turned out.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.