Savage 110 front of action picture request

Jed Eckert

Just received my savage long action back from gunsmith. It was trued, converted to top bolt release and 8/40 screws.

Requestpicture of a factory Action savage 110 looking at the bolt face from the front without the barrel.

I am not sure if these small ramp cuts on the action lugs are from the true/time, or came from factory.
Thanks for your time

The cocking ramps are rarely machined unless it was done by Fred Moreo.

1594495640800.png

Just received my savage long action back from gunsmith. It was trued, converted to top bolt release and 8/40 screws.

Requestpicture of a factory Action savage 110 looking at the bolt face from the front without the barrel.

I am not sure if these small ramp cuts on the action lugs are from the true/time, or came from factory.
Thanks for your time

"Trued" is a much-used, and mis-used term that has no specific definition/scope of work.
Bolt lift on a Savage sucks. So what... no one's using them for PRS.
Floating bolthead means I don't face the lug abutments, just lap the lugs into contact.

Look at PTG, Northland, others...
Sell "Trued" and "Blueprinted" receivers. Different scopes of work...

True receiver face. True boltface.
Receiver threads- I chase with a piloted tap to make sure they're concentric enough (and not binding) to allow the barrel shoulder and receiver face to mate precisely. I generally don't believe in single-pointing oversize, IMO doesn't provide the ROI for the customer and means they've forever given up using standard pre-fits which is the main attraction for many in using the Savage action.

Anyway, what- exactly- did he do?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.