savage 110 fp shooting .5" moa?

cibrmike

Hello does anyone have any experience with the savage 110 fp or know anyone who does. Is it possible for this factory rifle to shoot that well .75"-.50" moa straight from the factory?

thanks for the help

A savage 110 should be able to have good accuracy at a good distance. I'm sure its possible, but let someone with more experience tell you.

I don't have a 110 but I do have a 111 and a 112. They both shoot one hole groups. My brother and dads shoot one hole groups too. They are very accurate from my experience

To be honest its not uncommon for any savage to shoot great groups. For what they lack in looks and fit n finish they make up for in accuracy. Great choice in rifles for someone lookin to get into long ranging.

i have 10 savage rifle they are by far my favorite rifle out there. i have a 223 in a 110 action it was the police model back then it shoots 5 shot group in one hole all the time and it has 3000-4000 rounds though it. every savage rifle i have will shoot 1/2 moa are under. the only thing wrong with a savage is there cheap black plastic stock. but that's a cheap fix. savage makes a hell of a rifle for the money. i have seen some custom jobs that don't shoot as good some factory savage. by the way there the only one's out there that has a 6.5x284 in a factory rifle that i know of.

I have shot in the .3's with my 300 win it has a Stockade Stock and an aftermarket trigger.

Not sure why the thumbs down on original post but I ve had tooooo many Savages and only one of a dozen or so was not a one holer. It was a new 99C in 308 back in 1965 and it wouldnt hit the broad side of a barn even with a 4x scope. All Savages after that were one holers if I did my job on the bench.

my sportster barrel 116 does it with federal Accubonds. my son's pre accutrigger 10 fp 223 with some HSM 55 gr. were .3 my 12 12bvss 308 shoots .5

JIM
JIM

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.