Savage 110 flatback magazine port to dbm

TriggerTime426

I have a older savage la 110 flatback bdl that I want change over to a dbm with aics magazine. I have a accustock and a accurate mag bottom metal. The magazine won't go all the way in due to the action having material where the back of the mag needs to go. My question is does anyone have a detailed how to on milling the action to accept the mag, or what all has to be done to do this.

Going through this right now.

Took a Dremel to it to test. Very easy to lengthen. Won't do it any further until I get a stock or chassis and magazine to go slow and evaluate.

20230318_120308.jpg

20230318_120209.jpg

Guy on sniper hide did it with an oryx chassis and went too far and had to weld a little "magazine" stop back on. He recommended leaving the well a bit shorter and testing.

I dremmeled mine out and the mag goes far enough in but it's like there's too much room in the front...I'm not sure wats goin on

I belive I figured out my problem, the pro mag aics has a feed tower length of 3.7 accurate mags had different size aics magazines, looks like I need the 3.85 (outside length) magazine