Savage 110 FCP-K ??

6mm

I'm interested in one of these (300 Win Mag) with the accustock. Their listed under the Savage Law Enforcement series. Anyone have a range report or real hands on experience with one of these rifles and their accuracy? They come standard with a muzzle brake also; how effective is it? Thanks

I don't have one of those, but I recently got the 116fhsak.....not sure on the letters, but the weather warrior with accustock and the factory brake. I find the brake is very effective, I do not own any other rifles with brakes so I can't compare with other designs. I'm not sure if it is the same brake, but my 7RM recoils equal to or less than my 6mm rem. I like the feature of being able to close the brake also. I've done some shooting to 500yards which resulted in about 6.5" group off a bipod in the field with very bad sun glare. I really haven't shot the rifle that much to know exactly what to expect consistantly. At 100yards, I've seen .7-.8" groups, which I'm happy with and may do better with practice and tuning.

Does the model you mention have a heavy barrel?

Yes it's got a heavy (varmint contour) barrel. It's listed under the Law Enforcement series on Savage's web site.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.