Savage 110 FCP HS precision vs Savage 111 long range hunter vs Sandero SF 2

Phelixx

Hello this is my first post,

I have been lurking on these forums enough to know this is a real can of worms topic. Most of the discussion I have seen however has been based around the rem 700 action rather than the Sendero specifically.

I'm asking for opinions from people who have shot 2 or more of the listed rifles or seen them shot side by side.

Here are my requirements/ info.

I will be shooting .300 win mag.

It will be used equally for targeting and hunting.

I am looking for a rifle capable of 600 yards factory with a level of accuracy to kill deer.

Weight of the rifle does not matter to me.

I will be using factory ammunition for the time being.

Cost is not a factor to me only performance.

So my question is simple. Which of these 3 will shoot the tightest groups out to a range of 600+ completely factory, right out of the box?

Preferably looking for shooters who have both rem and savage to comment.

Have always been a rem man, but the talk of their QC had me really nervous, although I have no heard anything on the senderos specifically.

Any and all information is great.

Once again only looking at the factory performance of these 3 rifles.

Thanks in advance.

You are going to get a mixed bag of responses. Basically, any of the three rifles will do well right out of the box. I used to be a Remington man, and still have a few, but I have switched to Savage. Out of the box accuracy, in my opinion, is better with a Savage. The HS model will be a great rifle and in the event I can purchase a new rifle that will be the one. The long range hunter probably won't be quite as accurate due to a slimmer barrel, but it will still shoot well. The Sendero is a nice rifle but I think the Savage HS has the edge. Savage doesn't need much tuning out of the box.

Great response thanks. Ill be looking more into the 110 HS vs the Sendero now. I've seen a lot of people on this forum promote Savage. I was never even considering them, but now the 110 may even pass my love for the 700's. If more people simply attest to savage shooting better I just can't argue with those results.

I have owned all the rifles you asked about they are all capable of your requirements. The 2 I still have are the savages IMO they will do it with less tuning. But for deer out 2 600 pick the one that fits you the best and don't look back.

I have the savage 111 lrh in a 300 win mag. The rifle shoots great with factory ammo especially the heavier bullets. My rifle shoots way better with the break closed. Break closed is about 1.5 moa and with it open is .8. Now that is an average not just one here and there. The hinged floor plate on the rifle makes for very slim pickings for aftermarket stock though. The adjustable comb on it while it looks ugly as hell is wonderful as long as your not looking at it. The internal mag length on mine is about 3.470 so you can really load some bullets quite long. Either way you can't go wrong.

If it were me and cost was not a factor then I would buy all 3:D
In all honesty I don't think you could go wrong with any of those choices.
I own several savages and picked up a sendero sf2 in January and i have no complaints with either brand.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts